LOFT CONVERSIONS LONDON
Space Matters so follow Loft Conversions London to that Order
What is Loft Conversion?
Need some extra space in your home with at a minimum expense; Loft Conversions are the answer to it. Using the attic space is what Loft Conversions London to that order. Transforming the space in an effective way like converting it into a bedroom, mini gym or a living room is what loft conversion stands for.
Why is loft Conversion so important?
Utilizing the attic space instead of moving houses for space is a judicious idea. Having conversations in the loft is more productive than having in the living room. Also 25% share of property value increases after having a converted attic. Moreover it is not a stressful process besides saving money.
Think practically about utilizing the Space
Have a rough estimate of the headspace. If it is about 250 cm from where you are standing on the attic then it can be converted into a bedroom, bathroom, living room etc. If you have plans for your children when they grow up and live separately this space would be sufficient. The space can also be used for multipurpose works like including both guestroom and attached bathroom to it. It is important to not overestimate the available space and have a fair idea about what furniture can be moved into this place.
Is possible to convert Loft by my own?
Well if you are from an architectural background and have a good idea about how to get the best out of the space available. Then how might try your hands on it. But to be fair, this conversion involves a lot of hard work and important planning like plumbing and insulation. So it is recommended to appoint:
- A genuine architect –An architect will draw many designs and charts and propose t you’re their plans. They would also assist you in finding a good builder.
- Many Loft conversion companies have specialists working with them who would obtain all the necessary details and required approvals for converting the attic. They will help implement the drawings into reality.
- Make sure to have a well experienced builder do the work for you. Many experienced builder do Loft Conversions London to that order.
It takes about four to five weeks to totally convert a loft space. Work would be noisy but would be relatively less chaotic than extension of ground floor and other areas.
Important Thing to have in Mind
Many limitations might be faced while converting loft space, but one should be prepared for it.
- Hiring quality electricians and plumbers would prevent the extra cost. Many electricians with less experience tend to mix up while setting up the control panel. Plumbers might not get ideas of how to extend to pipelines. So it is always recommended to hire the best possible people to have the work done is a short time without extra charge.
- Have dormer windows to allow sunlight in the room. Dormer window change the exterior appearance of the house. Setting up skylights as well as roof lights is easier than this.
- Often Loft space heat up easily as it receives most of the sunlight. So it is important to insult the space properly. Insulation must be at least 150-250 mm of thickness.
- Having proper fire exit is very important. Make sure to build a fire resistant mansion and also make smoke detectors to prevent further damage. Sprinkler system must be present in Loft Conversions London to that order.